Microsoft Outlook Not Responding? 8 Fixes to Try

Microsoft Outlook Not Responding? 8 Fixes to Try

Looking for:

Methods to Fix & Repair Outlook become Unresponsive - Microsoft Office Won't Open Cases 













































     


- Microsoft office outlook 2007 has stopped working free



  › › Outlook IT Pro Discussions. Locate : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 · Right-click , and then click Properties. · On the Compatibility tab.    

 

Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in Outlook for PC.Outlook Not Responding – solutions for Outlook hanging and freezing issues



   

If Outlook is not closing even after multiple attempts, unnecessary third-party plug-ins need to be disabled. You can disable them by following the below-mentioned steps. Uncheck all of the boxes of the add-ins. If your Microsoft Outlook worked perfectly after doing this method, then the problem was due to one of the add-ins. To know which one of them is causing the issue, try enabling the add-ins one by one and restart the Outlook application after every change.

If you have installed programs such as synchronization software or such other communication programs, then there is a chance that these programs might be the reason Outlook is not closing. Several programs that are associated with Microsoft Outlook are often not available in the Add-ins list. Therefore, any program that is interrupting the operation of Microsoft Outlook, needs to be disabled. Also disconnecting the USB devices from your computer might help.

Once the issue is fixed you can enable them again. You can do it by following the below steps:. If yes, end the process from Task Manager. In such a case, you need a more reliable tool to fix the corruption within the PST file. Also disable or turn off the Outlook Add-ins. For that go to Tools menu and click on the trust centre button and choose Add-ins to turn off. Hi, I tried everything. I did a repair but with no effect. I even reinstalled the entire Office Still I have the issue.

Even tried with service pack. The problem still persists. Now my IT guy suggesting a total format of the system. Can you suggest something please? Thank you. Hello, i have a pc with outlook installed however i bought a new lap top and on it was installed outlook Can you help i just wants infor to be working on my new pc.

I have facing.. When i have open MS office hanging problem.. Microsoft outlook hangs on loading profile.. I have stop windows search 1. Go to run and type Services. When i have open MS office hanging problem Microsoft outlook hangs on loading profile.. Therefore I cannot do anything with the page at all?? I am with hotmail and usually goes to live. I did not change to Outlook, it just comes up now and does what I said above. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Kind Regards.

I Got it one solution update microsoft office service pack update restart your pc check now I think problem solve. Hi Alexander, I am having problem with mail in control panel in windows 7, the mail in control panel is missing when ever I run outlook it will freeze I cannot make any changes to profile create or delete.

I grappled with this problem for years. It was obvious that some form od access by outlook. I fixed it by searching for outlook. But it didn't make a difference. I would still receive "Not Responding" error when trying to boot-up Outlook in normal mode. I could only get rid of it by going to the Task Manager. Then Outlook would open and then not respond again. Ran Scanpst. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left bar, and then check the Disable hardware graphics acceleration option in the Display section.

See screenshot:. Most likely it doesn't go away if your on this thread. When prompted select Yes to open in safe mode. As it starts to initalize simply close it back out. If it won't let you delete your. If you have more than one then repair all. If all works well then close it out and try opening it normally. As soon as I got rid of it outlook finally disappeared from my task manager process list. I am having the 'not responding' Problem with a customers Outlook running on a Windows 7 64 Bit Machine as well.

It always starts with no errors after setting up and while synchronising the inbox i can restart Outlook as many times as i want, but as soon as the synchronisation is complete, Outlook hangs again after being restarted.

Last test now I'm doing now is to use Outlook on the same machine with a new windows profile They may help you better. After several days in contact with the office support we now found out that the problem was due to an iCloud iCalender. After we disconnected this calender Outlook works fine again. I've re-booted the computer, I've tried to repair outlook and Microsoft office, but I get message saying that it can't do it!!

Need to get work done, and I am at the end of my rope here! I am using Outlook and I'm trying to activate or setup the automatic replies, but it goes something like hanging and then pop up appears and it say " Your automatic reply setting cannot displayed because the server is currently unavailable.

Try again later". Hello jimbo, It is difficult for me to say what can cause the problem. You'd better address this question to your system administrator. I click on Outlook Express and the blue box that says Outlook Express 6 comes up and just stays there It never goes to our emails. It sounds like the computer might be trying to do something Why does it not go on to our emails and just stays frozen like that.

I am sorry I cannot suggest anything regarding Outlook Express because I do not use it. You can probably contact the Microsoft Support Team for assistance.

I believe I solved my problems by deleting a backup. I have backed up my personal folders when I upgraded my outlook to from After a few days I launched a search into the back up to find a file. Shortly after that outlook started crashing at start-up.

When I ran the repair tool I noticed that it defaulted to the backup. I deleted the back up and ran a repair on the current files. Problem appears to be solved. Problem was solved by updating router firmware to latest version. By any chance are you equally knowledgeable about the glitches going on with Windows Live Mail? Yes, I'm one of those weird people who uses Outlook for my calendar and Windows Live Mail for e-mail but it's suddenly causing me so much grief I may have to switch soon if I can't find a solution.

IMHO, you'd better move to some other email client. From my experience, Microsoft's free tools leave much to be desired. Fixed my problem of Outlook opening thanks again : but now two sessions of Outlook open each time Another "virtual" beer is on its way Alexander : Been having similar problems to Andrea for the last week or so and everything I've tried to correct to now has failed.

So today went through all your steps 1 by 1 and no joy until I turned off the hardware acceleration as outlined in your link and bingo problem appears solved fingers crossed!!

Thanks for posting such comprehensive and easy to understand instructions that gives us 'non techos' some hope of fixing ourselves. Much appreciated! Great solutions! Starting in Safe Mode as Administrator and removing the add-ins fixed the problem immediately. Thank you so much for your info - Microsoft should be paying you because their solutions are pathetic. Hopefully MS will produce a patch ;.

Alexander, you are a genius! I have my computer geek friend over just now to try and help me with my Outlook. Even he couldn't figure it out. Then I remembered I posed this question on here, checked back, saw your reply and you solved it! It was the Hardware Acceleration option that was the issue. My computer geek friend thanks you too. I'd buy you a beer if I could!

This was awesome in helping me solve a persistent Outlook issue. It was so annoying that I began to look for a replacement. Thanks for this article but unfortunately my problem with Outlook persists. I can successfully open the program in Safe Mode as you explained how to do. From there I have unchecked almost all the Add-Ins I can after following this article about which Add-Ins are really necessary:.

But it hasn't made a difference. I still get the annoying "Not Responding" note when trying to boot-up Outlook in normal mode. I can only get rid of it by going to the Task Manager. And oddly Scanpst.

I even did a search for it. Try to run Outlook in safe mode and then turn off Hardware Acceleration. If this does not help, set the display's color depth to 16 bit. Please see the following page for the detailed instructions: Fix Outlook hanging on Loading Profile. If this does not help either, the only solution that I see is to reinstall Office or try to reach the Microsoft Support team. Under the advanced tab in outlook options try disabling hardware graphics acceleration. This worked for me.

Therefore, you need to follow the exact methods mentioned here and do not try to tap anywhere else.

Step 3 — Once the registry editor is open, navigate to the above-mentioned sections depending on your word version.

Did you recently install any new software on your system printer, scanner, webcam, etc? You might be thinking that how installing new software which is unrelated to MS word cause this problem.

Annoyingly, it happens sometimes that newly installed software can interfere with the working of previously installed software. You can check this method.

Uninstall, the software and check whether the problem is solved or not. If nothing has worked yet, you can uninstall MS Office completely and Install it again. Maybe this method can help you to get the problem solved. Hopefully, one of the above-mentioned methods will surely help you to Fix Microsoft Word has Stopped Working Issue and you again start working on your Microsoft Word.

Aditya is a self-motivated information technology professional and has been a technology writer for the last 7 years. He covers Internet services, mobile, Windows, software, and How-to guides. If you are having trouble locating these folders you can also use OutlookTools free! If Outlook works in Outlook Safe Mode but resetting your dat-files did not help, then the issue is most likely caused by an add-in. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

The instructions given in the error will seldom actually fix this issue as the issue is more likely to be caused by the add-in itself, rather then by an Outlook installation issue. Solution: Start Outlook in Safe Mode again and disable all your add-ins.

After this, you can start Outlook normally again and see if it works now. If so, you can enable them one by one until Outlook fails to load again. The add-in you last enabled is most likely the cause of your issue. Uninstall or reinstall this add-in or check with the vendor for updates or contact them for further troubleshooting their add-in.

For more detailed instruction on how to enable or disable add-ins see this Quick Tip. If you you get an error that you cannot disable the add-in see this Quick Tip instead. Virus scanners which integrate themselves with Outlook are known to cause a lot of issues. For more details see this Quick Tip. When you use a pst-file, it could be that an issue with that pst-file is preventing Outlook from starting correctly.

Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool. Solution: Use scanpst. The location of scanpst. When the scan is done and errors have been fixed, run scanpst. If after scanning the file more than 3 or 4 times errors are still found, you might want to copy over your data in a new pst-file.

Use the Inbox Repair Tool scanpst.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft office professional plus 2013 x64 free.Upgrade from Office 2013 to Microsoft 365